Our History

St Albans Anglican Church Largs Bay was established in October 1902 as a church plant from St Bedes Semaphore. In 1905 land was bought in Musgrave Street, Largs Bay and a church dedicated there the following year. In 1916 St Albans was able to become an independent congregation from St Bedes. In 1961, the congregation moved to its current location in Jetty Rd. During it’s history, St Albans has has 15 senior ministers, 4 of whom have died whilst in office!
In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the congregation was near to closing its doors. In 1993 the Rev. Andrew Klynsmith was appointed part time. Through faithful preaching of the God’s word, the congregation began to regrow.

From 2004, Rev David Wright served the people in leadership until September 2011. Following, Rev Bob George became an interim pastor, however this role changed to being the parish’s interregnum pastor. During this phase St Alban’s moved into a network team ministry model which included Croydon. Bishop Tim Harris leads this team and formally is Parish Priest at Largs Bay and Croydon. At the beginning of 2014 Rev. Simon Hill joined the pastoral team, with his focus being serving with the people at Largs Bay.