A new year comes around and January the first is the possibly to unveil the new me. My new year resolutions allow me to be the new, the better and transformed me! It’s so hopeful! But it’s only after a day or so (or less) that the transformation I planned and resolved for, seems lost. I look more old, than new?! So much so, that next year I reckon I’ll make resolutions to eat more cake, exercise less and take up smoking! Why not?!
Similarly, transformation in the Christian life can seem just as elusive. Is transformation in Christian character then even possible, is it a fair expectation? If so how does the bible say transformation is achieved? This series explores what motivates transformation within us, particularly what empowers change.
- Transformed by truth, 1 Peter 1:1-25 (Aug 4)
- Transformed by new love, 2 Cor 5:14; 1 John 4:19 (Aug 11)
- Transformed by loss and suffering, 2 Cor 12:1-10 (Aug 18)
- Transformed by hope, Col 3:1-17 (Aug 25)
- Transformed by death, Rom 6:1-14 (Sept 1)
- Transformed by Jesus, Gal 2:20 (Sept 8)