We return to 1 Samuel, with Israel in crisis again. Saul is still on the scene though his kingship is ineffective and God’s Spirit has left him. Who comes next? What’s going to happen to God’s people? In five weeks we cover the David’s ascent towards the throne; covering one of the most famous passages in the Old Testament.
- Seeing as God sees. 1 Sam 16 (Oct 28)
- The Enemy. 1 Sam 17:1-11 (Nov 4)
- The God of the Unexpected. 1 Sam 17:12-30 (Nov 11)
- The Gospel of David. 1 Sam 17:31-40 (Nov 18)
- David and Goliath. 1 Sam 17:41-58 (Nov 25)